Thursday, September 11, 2008

Omelette of Ugly Fat STUPIDNESS!



So I tried making SusanV's omelette recipe this weekend, and I just need to take a moment to stomp and pout.

*STOMPING, POUTING*

This is the second time I've tried making it actually--it looks gloriously tasty, and I've read and seen others' pics of it turning out delightfully gorgeous. And yet mine does NOT fricking CONGEAL. AT ALL. Now, I KNOW that this isn't 'cause SusanV's recipe sucks, because her recipes notoriously and consistently KICK ASS. So the first time I made it, I just assumed it was because I suck. The second time I made it and it got f-ed up though, I just got MAD. AT THE WORLD. Because clearly I'm not doing anything WRONG. But WHAT THE HELL?!?!

I mean, LOOK at it--it's all slimey-ass:



And the thing is, both attempts were really wasteful. The first time it got f-ed up, I attempted to make the best of it, turn it into a scramble, and chow down. But it was SOUPY. And no matter how much I tried to convince myself it tasted good, it ultimately made my stomach feel gross, simply because it was the equivalent of sucking down an assload of uncongealed (*blorf*) silken tofu.

The second time, I tried making it into a scramble again. But here's the thing: if you're using silken tofu, WILL it ever really TURN into a scramble?? Because again: tofu soup. No matter how long I cooked it. It doesn't bulk up. It just stays gross and watery. Which--presumably--is the reason why it won't TURN INTO A MOTHERF-ING OMELETTE.

So what is the deal, peeps who have made this before? Is it the kind of tofu I'm using? Presumably, if I can use either lite silken or regular extra-firm silken, then my tofu labeled an unspecific "SILKEN" should be fine, right? I just feel frustrated and don't even wanna try making it again for fear of having to be wasteful again.

Maybe I'll just try The Vegan Ronin's instead.

*Sticking out my lower lip*

No comments: